Re: [EXIM] Testing the next release

Author: John Henders
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Testing the next release
On Fri, Nov 21/97, Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

> Thanks, John. You might like to know that there is a one-line patch that
> I've just stuck in the ftp directory, which you should put on if you
> have
>
> delay_warning = 0h

Don't use that but I will get the patch anyway.

>.. I don't think I want to accept
> underscore in domain names, as it is clearly not in the standard list of
> valid characters. I presume these failing PCs are not therefore
> registered in the DNS?

Not from the helo lines I was seeing. Typically they are just single
element names like HELO Bobs_pc. Most looked like they might have been
assigned by an MIS department somewhere. Possibly some M$ mailer that
uses the local PC name as defined for the local lan.

I guess I'll have to maintain a patch for it, as I don't want to have
our support people having to explain why customers have to rename
machines on their lan.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.