RE: [EXIM] Feature request

Author: Alpha Geek
To: Philip Hazel, 'Nigel Metheringham'
CC: Chris A. Mattingly, exim-users
Subject: RE: [EXIM] Feature request
I have completed my sql lookup type, which is EASILY extendable to any
external query-based protocol. I need to finish commenting the source
and testing, but will be releasing it for review by the Exim community
sometime in the next week. Chris Harris (chrish@???) is
writing a PostgresSQL plug-in for it, my base version uses MySQL, but
the code allows for "plug-in" query modules that could be adapted to ANY
query system, even ones not sql-based.

I think that this could solve alot of these varied requests for lookup
types.

- Troy Cobb
Circle Net, Inc.

On Wednesday, November 19, 1997 4:54 AM, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> Following on from the Hesiod request, it would be good if we could

handle
> additional lookup types - possibly even including a program directed
> lookup (probably best used for development and evaluation rather the
> production).
>
> How easy would it be to make the lookup framework modular so extra

lookup
> modules could be added relatively painlessly later (I have yo admit I

have
> not been digging in this code).
>
> [specifically, I'd be quite interested in an interface to Dan

Bernstein's
> cdb package (a sort of read only db - supposed to be fast and

portable).]