Re: [EXIM] Feature request

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Chris A. Mattingly, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Feature request
On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> How easy would it be to make the lookup framework modular so extra lookup
> modules could be added relatively painlessly later (I have yo admit I have
> not been digging in this code).

This has been mooted before, and is on the list as a "big item, waiting
for some time to think about". Something akin to the router/director/
transport driver building mechanism is called for.

Before doing it, though, I would have to ensure that the Exim side of
the interface could handle "try again later" answers that a number of
potential lookup types could yield.

Maybe this is the next big thing to think about once the next release is
out the door.