[EXIM] Feature request

Author: Chris A. Mattingly
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Feature request

Pardon me if this has already been brought up/discussed, but sprintlink
just really, really, really doesn't want to talk to Teleglobe.net, so I
haven't been able to read through the old archives.

I just started toying with exim yesterday, and find its ease of use combined
with lots of functionality to be a big bonus. The only thing that is
keeping me from testing it in a near-production environment is the lack
of hesiod support.

The theory of adding this[1] is seems fairly trivial, but after looking at the
code for 15 minutes I got lost.

Then trying to figure out how sendmail's code did it was just about as
confusing. :)

If this has been discussed before, maybe I'll be able to read about it
one of these days when sprintlink and teleglobe get their act together,
or if it hasn't, let the discussion begin.

[1] A simple hes_resolve("username","pobox") returns a char ** containing
in it "POP mailhost.name username". Match mailhost.name against the
canonical name of the local machine. On a match, do local delivery, if
not, forward it directly to the mailhost.name returned from hesiod.

Thanks,
-Chris
--
Chris Mattingly           | My views are not necessarily those of my employers
camattin@???         |