[EXIM] Why was this mail rejected?

Author: Karsten Thygesen
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Why was this mail rejected?

Hi

In my reject log, I have this line:

1997-11-10 16:17:05 0xUvaK-0005yj-00 rejected from sunsite.auc.dk [130.225.51.30] (qmailr): can't verify header sender (try again later): envelope sender is <wget-return-173-karthy=kom.auc.dk@???>
To: karthy@???

Why could this not be verified? I think it has something to do with
the local part of the address (which is generated by ezmlm/qmail) - I
have seen more mails from other ezmlm-lists which have been rejected.

sunsite.auc.dk and my local mailhost is close coupled (share the same
100Mbit backbone), so I can hardly believe, that it is a temporary DNS
problem.

Could anyone please explain (in details) how this check is performed??

Otherwise, exim is extremly nice and have saved our net for many
thousand spammails!!

Best,
Karsten.

--
M.Sc.E.E, Sys/Net-administrator, BOFH, Aalborg University, Denmark
http://www.kom.auc.dk/~karthy/ for more information.