Re: [EXIM] Why was this mail rejected?

Author: Karsten Thygesen
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Why was this mail rejected?
>>>>> "Philip" == Philip Hazel <ph10@???> writes:

Philip> On 10 Nov 1997, Karsten Thygesen wrote:
>> In my reject log, I have this line:
>>
>> 1997-11-10 16:17:05 0xUvaK-0005yj-00 rejected from sunsite.auc.dk

Philip> [130.225.51.30] (qmailr): can't verify header sender (try
Philip> again later): envelope sender is
Philip> <wget-return-173-karthy=kom.auc.dk@???>

Philip> You have got headers_sender_verify set, and Exim has failed to
Philip> verify the contents of the Sender, Reply-to, or From
Philip> header. The only thing that this can mean is a DNS temporary
Philip> error.

Philip> Yes, I suppose it should say what the address was it was
Philip> trying to verify...

That could be nice indeed! I was convinced, that is was the "sender"
address (the envelope-sender) from the saying of the error message.

Thanks for clarifying!

Karsten.

Btw: the mail is now delivered, so it was a temporary error!