Re: Anti spam filter

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Anti spam filter
richard@??? said:
} I was wondering if anyone has writtin a spam detection filter based on
} volume of identical message contents. Or a specfic match in the body?

At present I think a filter (in the exim sense) of that sort is not
currently possible in exim. You could have a C/Perl program fired up
under a filter and do something clever in that -- however the message will
be locked at that stage so freezing or deleting it may be a problem....

The junkbuster service, as I understand it, freezes everything on the way
in then selectively releases items that it believes to be non-spam. This
uses an external program to examine the messages.

I have throught, but not yet acted, on the idea, of having a continuous
log monitor which keeps "score" of mail senders, recipients, sender-ips
etc, and changes a set of rule files on the fly. These rule files are
then used in the exim filters to freeze matching mail - for example an IP
that is sending suspicious patterns of mail would have an entry added to
an "injector list" which would then be used by the system filter as a
condition on which to freeze mail.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]