Re: Smtpbatch and aliases...

Author: Daniel Ryde
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: Smtpbatch and aliases...
On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Daniel Ryde wrote:
>
> > So, now it is to get bsmtp to work the same way as the envelope-to header.
> > As a new option to bsmtp like "bsmtp = rcpts" or similar, that makes it
> > take the "rcpt to" addresses from the envelope-to list instead.
>
> I'm afraid I really don't like the idea of subverting bsmtp's RCPT TO to
> contain the *previous* envelope contents.

Not the previuos, the *initial*. Then this could be used as a
finegraned mail routing.

> The right way to do that must
> surely be to use a smartuser to route the previous addresses, without
> changing them via an alias file.

I'm not thinking of the * case. Concider this example then:

foo1:    smtpbatch-foo
foo2:    smtpbatch-foo
bar1:   smtpbatch-bar
bar2:    smtpbatch-bar

How do you resolv this whithout using the scheme I'm suggest?
I want it to be batched whith the orginal rcpt addresses that matched the
alias. Sooner or later it will always end up in this kind of dead end
using your example, or it will be a havok to configure, probably with
single case special deliveries.

Best Regards

Daniel Ryde, System Administrator
Tripnet AB                Visit Address:      Telephone:  +46 31 7252500
Box 5071                  Avagen 42           Facsimile:  +46 31 7252501
S-402 22 GOTEBORG         GOTEBORG            Email:      ryde@???
Sweden                    Sweden