Re: Smtpbatch and aliases...

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Daniel Ryde
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: Smtpbatch and aliases...
On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Daniel Ryde wrote:

> Not the previuos, the *initial*. Then this could be used as a
> finegraned mail routing.

Initial is just more previous; no conceptual difference here.

> foo1: smtpbatch-foo
> foo2: smtpbatch-foo
> bar1: smtpbatch-bar
> bar2: smtpbatch-bar
>
> How do you resolv this whithout using the scheme I'm suggest?

Directors:

   batch_foo:
     driver = aliasfile,
     transport = foo_transport;
     file = /aliases/foo

   batch_bar:
     driver = aliasfile,
     transport = bar_transport;
     file = /aliases/bar

Plus if you like, a smartuser to catch the remaining local parts.

Or even

   batch_foo:
     local_parts = lsearch;/localparts/foo,
     driver = smartuser,
     transport = foo_transport

   batch_bar:
     local_parts = lsearch;/localparts/bar,
     driver = smartuser,
     transport = bar_transport

OK, that means you have to have two files and perhaps that is what you
are trying to avoid? Nevertheless, this is a *directing* problem, not an
*aliasing* problem, and any solution should be done using directing
methods. Then you don't have a previous address to confuse things!

> I want it to be batched whith the orginal rcpt addresses that matched the
> alias.

The above scheme will do that, but that's not what you said above. You
said the *initial* envelope address. They are not the same if the
initial address was foobar and got turned info foo1 by some other
aliasing. Sounds like you want previous after all... :-)