Re: Smtpbatch and aliases...

Author: Daniel Ryde
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: Smtpbatch and aliases...
On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Daniel Ryde wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to use the bsmtp option in the appendfile transport. This in
> > conjunktion with the earlier discussion about Envelope-to / aliasfile
> > de-duplication problem. Is it possible to get this to work using the bsmtp
> > batch as well, to only add the RCPT that the message matched in the alias
> > de-duplication?

[...]
> then you *would* get two separate deliveries, just as you do for pipes,

No, it's not the separate deliveries I was talking about in the early
days. The problem is partially solved by your Envelope-to fix. I needed a
way to detemine who really gets this mail. To have separate delivery for
each mail was one solution, the Envelope-to fix was a better one.

Now I'm back to the virtual domain aliasfile I tried to describe earlier
for bar.com:

beer:   uucpbatch-drunk
juice:  smtpbatch-white
water:  smtpbatch-white
milk:   smtpbatch-white
*       popbatch-therest

Using the prifix I'm able to redirect it to another transport. This would
be used as a more finegrained mail router, and it would be very easy to
configure diffrent setups with a uniformed configuraton file. Also very
easy to add new functions, just make a new prefix together with a director
transport pair, and still in the same aliasfile.

So, now it is to get bsmtp to work the same way as the envelope-to header.
As a new option to bsmtp like "bsmtp = rcpts" or similar, that makes it
take the "rcpt to" addresses from the envelope-to list instead.

Best Regards

Daniel Ryde, System Administrator
Tripnet AB                Visit Address:      Telephone:  +46 31 7252500
Box 5071                  Avagen 42           Facsimile:  +46 31 7252501
S-402 22 GOTEBORG         GOTEBORG            Email:      ryde@???
Sweden                    Sweden