Still with the transport filter...

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: Still with the transport filter...
I think I'm still stuck with this. I reverted back to using an autoreply
transport (from a smartuser director) with a transport filter, but am
positive that the transport filter doesn't get run. It only contains a print
statement so my Perl can't be that bad. Unfortunately I need to use the
autoreply in order to retain the original local part, hence I can't use an
smtp transport with the filter (although this works otherwise).

If my understanding of the last statement of the manual section on generic
transport options (Exim manual 1.71) is correct then this can't be done since
the autoreply transport doesn't actually transport (deliver) the message it
self but generates a new message and the transport filter is used on the
original (which gets discarded anyway) - hence it appears not to work. Am I
right or wrong?

John.