Re: regexp for user@virtual.domain

Author: webadmin
To: Stuart Lynne
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: regexp for user@virtual.domain
Stuart Lynne wrote:

> In article <E0xLeqz-0003mC-00@???>,
> Rob Lingelbach <rob@???> wrote:
> >I have a virtual domain set up via the virtual director:
> >
> >virtual:
> > domains = aaton.com
> > driver = aliasfile,
> > no_more;
> > file = /usr/lib/aliases.aaton
> > search_type = lsearch
> >
> >I need to have any mail for aaton.com that *doesn't* match one of the
> >aliases in /usr/lib/aliases.aaton delivered to a particular address,
> >e.g. postmaster@???. I believe the smartuser director is for
> >this, but I could use an example, could someone give me a hint? (and
> >for precedence' sake, would I have the smartuser director just after
> >the above virtual director, and move 'no_more' into the smartuser
> >director?)
>
> What would be nice is the ability for the aliasfile driver to be
> be able to lookup a specific record (we use "*") for a default
> behaviour. It has to come from the same file because you want
> to be able to have that the one point the customer makes changes
> for his domain.
>
> Further cudo's if the replacement record can take the form:
>
>         %s@???

> with the appropriate newaddr = sprintf(template, orguser) being
> made before forwarding.
>
> You can then use your virtual domain as (for example) a front end
> for a LAN based email system. Map the users who have internet
> addresses to their internet mailboxes, and punt the rest through
> to the lan mail gateway system.
>
> --
> Stuart Lynne <sl@???>      604-933-1000      <
> http://www.poste.com>
> PGP Fingerprint: 28 E2 A0 15 99 62 9A 00  88 EC A3 EE 2D 1C 15 68

> --

Hi

I received a patch for exim 1.73 from Philip Hazel (I'm not sure if its
out generally) which allows you to place * in the aliase file, and then
forward all mails that dont match to the address corresponding to the
aliasfile. I have been running with it for a couple of days, and so far
no problems,

Iqbal