Re: regexp for user@virtual.domain

Author: Stuart Lynne
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: regexp for user@virtual.domain
In article <E0xLeqz-0003mC-00@???>,
Rob Lingelbach <rob@???> wrote:
>I have a virtual domain set up via the virtual director:
>
>virtual:
> domains = aaton.com
> driver = aliasfile,
> no_more;
> file = /usr/lib/aliases.aaton
> search_type = lsearch
>
>I need to have any mail for aaton.com that *doesn't* match one of the
>aliases in /usr/lib/aliases.aaton delivered to a particular address,
>e.g. postmaster@???. I believe the smartuser director is for
>this, but I could use an example, could someone give me a hint? (and
>for precedence' sake, would I have the smartuser director just after
>the above virtual director, and move 'no_more' into the smartuser
>director?)

What would be nice is the ability for the aliasfile driver to be
be able to lookup a specific record (we use "*") for a default
behaviour. It has to come from the same file because you want
to be able to have that the one point the customer makes changes
for his domain.

Further cudo's if the replacement record can take the form:

    %s@???

with the appropriate newaddr = sprintf(template, orguser) being
made before forwarding.

You can then use your virtual domain as (for example) a front end
for a LAN based email system. Map the users who have internet
addresses to their internet mailboxes, and punt the rest through
to the lan mail gateway system.

--
Stuart Lynne <sl@???>      604-933-1000      <http://www.poste.com>
PGP Fingerprint: 28 E2 A0 15 99 62 9A 00  88 EC A3 EE 2D 1C 15 68