domain name and host lookup defer retry time

Author: E.G.Groenboom
To: exim-users
CC: bart (nlnet)
Subject: domain name and host lookup defer retry time
hi there,

Well - about the fetchmail retrieve trick: it worked. Thanks Friso!!

However - sending mail still doesn't work. :-(

I have tried almost every configuration option - (including using
different eximconfig options),
but even now, after more than 2 days of trying, I have no success.

Indeed i getlocal delivery working - but sending mail is stil way out
of the question.

I want (using pine) to reply to email, and send them away (such that they
are queued). and later, after setting up a connection, send those queued
messages away with a exim -qf.

I think I overlook something. I don't know. Is there anyone doing the
same, and have a working exim.conf? Would you send me a copy of your
configuration? I would appreciate that very much!!

Thanks in advance!!

Bart.