Re: domain name and host lookup defer retry time

Author: Friso Kuipers
To: E.G.Groenboom
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: domain name and host lookup defer retry time
On 10 Oct , E.G.Groenboom wrote:

> hi there,
>
> Well - about the fetchmail retrieve trick: it worked. Thanks Friso!!

I'll tell Eric to put it in the Fetchmail FAQ.

> However - sending mail still doesn't work. :-(

Could you be more specific? Do you get error messages, what's in the
logfile (/var/log/exim_mainlog on my box), does anything end up in the
spooldirectory? See what's in /where-ever-you-put-your-exim/spool/input
and /dito/spool/msglog. Does exim die on you when you answer mail? In
that case you should have an exim_paniclog.

Greetings,
Friso Kuipers.

Schopenhauer: "Es waere besser nie geboren zu wesen."