Re: Spam Filter

Author: Tom
To: Greg A. Woods
CC: Pete Ashdown, Exim Mailing List
Subject: Re: Spam Filter

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> [ On Wed, October 8, 1997 at 20:04:04 (-0700), tom@??? wrote: ]
> > Subject: Re: Spam Filter
> >
> > It is mine. It isn't very big, so I'll post it. I'm still researching
> > some additional sites.
>
> I don't know if I've ever mentioned my TCP Wrappers block list for
> spammers on exim-users before or not, but if so here's a reminder:
>
>     http://www.robohack.planix.com/~woods/hosts.allow.txt

> I've listed it all as full networks, and it includes an exhaustive list
> of all AGIS/Net99 netblocks. Take it as it is -- I imply no warranty
> and I'm likely only to remove netblocks after I've seen third-party
> proof they've been re-assigned to a new owner and to date nobody's
> contacted me with any update requests.

If you are BGP connected, you can black hole the ASNs assigned to AGIS
(five I believe: 3830, 4064, 4132, 4388, 4991), and presto, everything
AGIS just disappears.

AGIS hosts the IEMMC and all its affiliates. I guess that happens when
you suck, you know you suck, and everyone else knows you suck, and you
have to take, and defend any customer you can get. Its about time some
put them out of their misery.

I don't particularly like TCP wrappers, especially big ones, because of
the constant re-parsing of the same config file. But I guess it could be
converted for Exim's "sender_net_reject".

> --
>                             Greg A. Woods

> +1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>
> Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>