Re: UUCP

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: doka
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: UUCP
doka@??? said:
} Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???> wrote:
} > First, if you need full UUCP with bang path stuff then exim is the
} > wrong mailer.

} I'm sure, that you are wrong :-) I'm actively using exim for UUCP
} delivering mail with bang paths by using rewriting rules, provided by
} Philip Hazel:

I'm going to stand by what I said. However I will quite happily admit
that you can do limited bang path operations in exim, and rewrite these
limited patterns into internet form.

exim (and I believe qmail) are not designed for UUCP bang path operation.
smail is designed for this (to the extent that if you are not careful it
can add bang paths!), sendmail will handle it.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]