Re: UUCP

Author: doka
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: UUCP
Hello!

Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???> wrote:

> First, if you need full UUCP with bang path stuff then exim is the wrong
> mailer.

I'm sure, that you are wrong :-) I'm actively using exim for UUCP delivering
mail with bang paths by using rewriting rules, provided by Philip Hazel:

#--------------------- REWRITE CONFIGURATION ------------------------#

# system!system.domain.net!user
^([^!]+)!((\w+)(\.\w+)+)!(.*)@your\.domain\.net \
    "${if eq {$1}{$3}{$5@$2}{$2!$5@$1}}"    Tbcrtq

# system*!user
^([^!]+)!(.*)@your\.domain\.net    $2@$1    Tbcrtq

#--------------------------------------------------------------------#

They works fine for me. Exim receive such letter, then rewrite addresses
_only_ in destination headers (this is important - don't change source
addresses) to "canonic" form and then deliver this mail. In this case bang
paths appeared mostly in local mails - for this I have routing table like
this:

uuname        relay_system        relay_transport
uuname.domain    same_relay_system    same_relay_transport

--
      Vladimir Litovka <doka@???>, hostmaster of vl.net.ua
      ========  Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.