Re: Netscape Client Mail Issue

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: Netscape Client Mail Issue
This may not be relevant in this case, but in our mail changeover we found
an interesting bug in MS mail clients in MSIE 3.02 (and a couple of other
packages).

If there are additional blank lines on the end of a MIME message, MSIE
downloads the message (from the POP box) and then ignores the message
completely - ie the message is effectively lost.

In our case this was due to using maildir transport and not having changed
the suffix setting from the default of "\n" to the now correct setting of
"".

Basically never under estimate the perversity of those writing mail
clients...

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]