Re: Netscape Client Mail Issue

Author: Piete Brooks
To: Tim Patterson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Netscape Client Mail Issue
> We ( an ISP) are seeing a number of instances where Netscape and in
> some cases Explorer client accounts are unable to pick up mail, whereas,
> pine and elm work fine.

Use a MUA rather than a web browser to read email !

> I generally delete a message or two with pine and all is well.

What headers do the messages have ?

> Is there any chance that exim is at fault,

One can't rule out the possibility, but I suspect it is unlikley.

> or are there just some malformed headers that Netscape does not like?

Could be -- or could be some valid headers that it does not like ...

Or could it be invalid MIME stuff ?

> I realize for an accurate answer you would need the offending email message,

Yes -- the ones you processed with pine ...

> but the question is more general, are others having the same problem?

No, but our users use MUAs :-)