smarthost AND sender_verify

Author: Mike Zanker
To: exim-users
Subject: smarthost AND sender_verify
I've just discovered exim and it looks like it will fit our bill nicely
with its anti-UCE features.

I've compiled and installed version 1.70 and used the default configuration
file with just one alteration - using a smarthost for SMTP delivery rather
than DNS MX lookups (owing to being behind a firewall).

What I'd like to do is verify the domain part of From: addresses. OK,
sender_verify looks like it will do the trick. However, it doesn't seem to
be able to do this with only smarthost mail delivery defined. So, what I'd
be pleased to know is whether I can

a) use a smarthost for all external mail delivery

AND

b) use sender_verify.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Mike
--
Mike Zanker                | Email: A.M.Zanker@???
ACS Network Services Group | Tel  : +44 1908 652726