Re: smarthost AND sender_verify

Author: Mike Zanker
To: Nigel Metheringham, Mike Zanker
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: smarthost AND sender_verify
At 05:23 PM 9/3/97 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

>} So, what I'd be pleased to know is whether I can
>
>} a) use a smarthost for all external mail delivery
>
>} AND
>
>} b) use sender_verify.
>
>Look at the fail_verify* options in the generic routers section of the
>manual

Hmm, maybe I did something silly but this caused it to fail every time -
i.e. reject everything!

I think I've solved the problem using the following in my ROUTER section:

smarthost:
no_verify
transport = remote_smtp,
driver = domainlist;
route_list = "* xxxxx.open.ac.uk bydns_a"

lookuphost:
verify_only,
driver = lookuphost,
transport = remote_smtp;

This way outbound mail goes to the smarthost, but the verification routine
skips this (no_verify) and uses lookuphost:.

Have I understood this correctly?

Thanks for your patience,

Mike
--
Mike Zanker                | Email: A.M.Zanker@???
ACS Network Services Group | Tel  : +44 1908 652726