Re: Stopping SPAM to the exim users list

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Greg A. Woods
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Stopping SPAM to the exim users list
On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> That said I believe this is how the smail3 lists are run, and not too
> many people complain, mostly because the list admin is very watchful and
> picks through all the rejects, reposts legitimate content, and then
> often even contacts the sender to find out if they subscribe under an
> exploder.

In effect, a semi-moderated list. I regret that I myself do not have the time
to do such moderation.

It occurred to me to wonder where the spammers had got the address from.
>From the most recent incident it seems like it is from the web site. I

have suggested to Nigel Metheringham that perhaps the email addresses
shouldn't be so blatantly obvious on the web site. (He's away today.)