Re: Stopping SPAM to the exim users list

Author: Greg A. Woods
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: Stopping SPAM to the exim users list
[ On Tue, August 26, 1997 at 10:59:36 (+0100), Manar Hussain wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Stopping SPAM to the exim users list
>
> In this instance I would suggest that we maintain a list of people who can
> post but are not recipients (directly) of mail to exim-users. We then
> require people behind exploders to be on this list and set up exim-users to
> only allow subscribers and this list of people to post - a compromise ...

That pretty well defeats the purpose of an exploder. If I add a new
person to the exploder that person cannot post until the list admin is
also notified and adds the new person to the exception list too.

That said I believe this is how the smail3 lists are run, and not too
many people complain, mostly because the list admin is very watchful and
picks through all the rejects, reposts legitimate content, and then
often even contacts the sender to find out if they subscribe under an
exploder.

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>