Re: Stopping SPAM to the exim users list

Author: Philip Hazel
To: John Bolding, Manar Hussain
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Stopping SPAM to the exim users list
On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, John Bolding wrote:

> Is there any way to make this list a closed list?
> The closed list would only accept email from those on the list.

This can now be done straightforwardly using Exim 1.70 (which I am about
to release). I am slightly loath to do so, but perhaps it will become
necessary. Votes?

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Manar Hussain wrote:

> Well I'm sure there are many many people on this list who'd be happy to
> host exim-users under a real mailing list software set-up if Phil can't
> source that sort of thing convenients (we're one for starters). Maybe we
> should move to that - and possibly while we at at it move to users@???
> ??

We can't offset a "real" mailing list setup here at present. Apart from
exim-users, all our lists are not the kind that anybody can subscribe to
(lists of students, members of societies etc.) so we don't need it as
much for them. (Though it is possible things might change.) I would not
object at all if someone else wants to take it over. Nor would I object
to users@???, if that was OK with Nigel Metheringham, whose company
hosts exim.org. Nigel is away today, but I expect he will respond to
this thread when he gets back.

Philip