Re: Trouble with Berkeley DB

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Skye Merlin Poier
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Trouble with Berkeley DB
On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Skye Merlin Poier wrote:

> I've compiled exim with USE_DB, and I've built a small, simple dbm
> table with the makemap utility provided with sendmail 8.8.5. However,
> ${lookup}'s are failing miserably with the database. Any ideas? I'm probably
> doing something stupid.

Have you tried using the exim_dbmbuild utility provided with Exim? I
don't know how makemap works, but I do understand exim_dbmbuild. :-)

Did you get a test working with lsearch first? That is a useful way of
checking that you are doing what you think you are before turning the
file into a DBM file.