Re: Reverse dns checking for local machine

Author: Greg A. Woods
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Sean Witham, John Henders, exim-users
Subject: Re: Reverse dns checking for local machine
[ On Fri, August 22, 1997 at 09:23:19 (+0100), Philip Hazel wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Reverse dns checking for local machine
>
> I have made a note to add such options, though I don't personally see
> much value in them. All the control over which machine may or may not
> send to you is done based on the IP address of the sender. One you are
> talking to a machine you are prepared to listen to, checking what it
> passes in HELO doesn't (IMHO) give you much additional security.

If there's any sense in keeping your PTRs updated then similarly there
should be no reason why HELO and MAIL FROM parameters are not verified.

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>