Alias file partial lookups.

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: Alias file partial lookups.
Hello,

Using Exim 1.653 I've noticed that when I use the "-d9" option to see some
detail of what exim is doing, the lookups for our alias file include partial
lookups. We haven't configured this, and so are a bit confused as to why its
happening. It doesn't seem to effect us...but it may. Part of our configure
file is :

aliases: transport=local_smtp, driver=aliasfile; file=TABLES/aliases,
search_type=dbm, no_rewrite As I understand from chapter 6 the "-partial"
option may be used to request partial lookups, but we don't want that (no
need). This also occurs for one of our linear searches - different director,
still an aliasfile driver.

Can anyone explain? Is this correct for aliasfile lookups?

John.

John Horne,                                  E-mail: J.Horne@???
Computing Service,                           Phone : +44 (0) 1752 233911
University of Plymouth, UK.                  Fax   : +44 (0) 1752 233919