Re: Majordomo

Author: Doug Sewell
To: Andrew Alston
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Majordomo
Thus spake Andrew Alston:
> Hi, I am looking at setting up a majordomo type mailing list under exim.
> Must I use majordomo to do this, or are there functions to do this already
> built into exim.

I'm running majordomo with exim. The only thing I had to do out-of-the-
ordinary was set up pipe and program aliases in a separate aliases file
with a user= attached, but I had to do that for "nobody:/dev/null" anyway.

Majordomo does a lot (digests, etc) that you may not need. An acquaintance
of mine is running Petidomo under exim with equal success.

> Also... how exactly would I go about setting up a mail list under exim if
> it can do it on its own :)

Personally, I think anything beyond a simple alias exploder should be
handled by external programs (petidomo, listproc, tulp, majordomo)
rather than expanding the MTA to handle these things.

For information about petidomo, majordomo, etc see newsgroup
comp.mail.list-admin.software

--
Doug Sewell (doug@???) (http://cc.ysu.edu/~doug/)
E-mail advertisers: put me on your "don't call, don't e-mail" list.

No one ever becomes extremely vile and wicked all of a sudden. - D.J.