Re: checking for .forward as root, not exim?

Author: Nick Waterman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: checking for .forward as root, not exim?
Chris Harris allegedly said:
> half-assed sollutions. Is there a way to make exim check for (and read)
> .forward files (or other files looked at via require_files) as root,
> rather than as exim? Are there other sollutions to this problem that
> people can think of?

You can get exim to read the .forward file as the user. If any of these
home directories are NFS-mounted, root is probably not trusted anyway,
and root in fact has LESS ability to read it...

userforward:
driver = forwardfile;
file = .forward,
seteuid

Ah... Does this work if exim's not running as root? mayhaps not?

--
Nick Waterman, Network Manager, Cimio Ltd.
nick@??? nick@??? G7RZQ @ GB7DEO.#32.GBR.EU