[...]

Author: Manar Hussain
To: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: your mail
Subject: [...]
Query

We would like to be able to specify multiple arbritrary alias files. The
names will match a specific pattern or all be in the same directory

The basic structure that I had envisaged using was to have a Director which
used the aliasfile driver

majordomo_aliases:
    domains = lsearch;/usr/majordomo/list_of_majordomo_domains,
    driver = aliasfile;
    file = <list of files>,
    search_type = lsearch,
    user=nobody

However 'file' cannot be a list of files, which in turn means that I can't
have:
    file = lsearch;/usr/majordomo/$domain/files
(ok, so I can't have that because I can't expand in that case, but I could
have:
    file = ${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/usr/majordomo/list_of_majordomo_domains} {$value} fail}}
Or something similar.)

Wild card matches appear to only work within files, rather than for
filenames as well. All the workarounds that I can think for this are truly
horrendous (like have an aliases file for each alias!)

Cheers,

Manar