Re: Queue Processing

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Christoph Lameter
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Queue Processing
On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> I think exim needs some way to insure that queue runs are done in a
> determined time interval. Lets say I do
>
> exim -bd -q30m
>
> Exim should make sure that every message will be checked within 30
> minutes.

I can't see any way to guarantee that without potentially using a *lot*
of processes, since it can take a lot of time to check an individual
remote host.

> I know that additional queue runners will be started over time but it
> seems that they did not much good. I have had messages bouncing after 6
> days or so when the system finally came back to that message...

It took 6 days for a queue runner to process the queue? Surely not? Or
is this a case when the queue runners are cutting out because the load
is too high, and so never seeing all of the queue? There is (in the new
Exim, which I think you are running) the option deliver_queue_load_max
to allow a queue runner to proceed even when ordinary deliveries are
queued. If you want to ensure the queue is always processed to
completion, you should set this to a high value.