Re: Queue Processing

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Christoph Lameter
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Queue Processing
On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Philip Hazel wrote:

>> Exim should make sure that every message will be checked within 30
>> minutes.
>
>I can't see any way to guarantee that without potentially using a *lot*
>of processes, since it can take a lot of time to check an individual
>remote host.

How about omitting the "exim -q" processes and have the "exim -q30m"
handle the queue as well? That would reduce the number of processes.

One of the overhead is also that exim is spawning a new process for
each message to be delivered.

I did

exim -v -q hostname

and it reconnected for each message to the host. Is it not possible to
sent that via one connection?

>> I know that additional queue runners will be started over time but it
>> seems that they did not much good. I have had messages bouncing after 6
>> days or so when the system finally came back to that message...
>
>It took 6 days for a queue runner to process the queue? Surely not? Or
>is this a case when the queue runners are cutting out because the load
>is too high, and so never seeing all of the queue? There is (in the new
>Exim, which I think you are running) the option deliver_queue_load_max
>to allow a queue runner to proceed even when ordinary deliveries are
>queued. If you want to ensure the queue is always processed to
>completion, you should set this to a high value.

I have set this value to 99. There is no cutting out as far as I can see.