Re: Queued up mail to the same host not delivered in one SMT…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Christoph Lameter
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Exim List
Asunto: Re: Queued up mail to the same host not delivered in one SMTP session
On Fri, 16 May 1997, Philip Hazel wrote:

>As explained in the last three paragraphs of chapter 3, Exim does not
>have per-host queues. It is designed for use in situations where most
>messages (98% at our site - and at John Henders' site, as posted here a
>couple of days ago) can be delivered immediately.

The Manual states in Chapter 43 that exim will sent out waiting e-mail for
a host after the first e-mail went trough. You might want to correct that.
Please mention this fact in the Limitations. That is a big argument
against exim. I need to look for another mailer for the linux mailing
lists.

Chapter 43 contains the following paragraph:

When a message is successfully delivered over a TCP/IP SMTP connection,
Exim looks in the wait-smtp database to see if there are any queued
messages waiting for the host to which it is connected. If it finds one,
it creates a new process using the -MC option (which can only be used by a

>> The mail exploder is delivering backlogged mail from mailing lists and it
>> is highly likely that multiple e-mails are stacked up for a person!
>
>Then you should get it to give the messages to Exim with the -odqs
>option. That will route the messages but not deliver them. Exim then
>remembers which messages are waiting for which host, and the next time
>it has a connection to a host, it will attempt to deliver multiple
>messages.

How can I do that? The e-mail is completely handled by exim. E-mail is
coming in from the List Server and exim just distributes it. It is a mail
exploder and not a List Server.