Re: Nightmare with exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: richard welty
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Nightmare with exim
On Thu, 15 May 1997, richard welty wrote:

> i hope this isn't spam, but solicited email. is there any licensing
> requirement for exim similar to the one for recent versions of pegasus
> that prohibit use for unsolicited bulk email?

No, because we decided to release Exim under the terms of the GNU GPL.
However, I put the following into the NOTICE file:

UNSOLICITED E-MAIL

The supply or promotion of Exim for the purpose of sending bulk, unsolicited
e-mail is incompatible with the basic aims of the program, which revolve around
the free provision of a service that enhances the quality of personal
communications. The author of Exim regards indiscriminate mass-mailing as an
antisocial, irresponsible abuse of the Internet.