Re: Nightmare with exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: richard welty
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Nightmare with exim
Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Wed, 14 May 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> > We installed exim 1.62 on a Linux system (Debian 1.3) and tried to use it
> > to sent out e-mail regarding a TV series "Mad about you". We needed to
> > sent out 100.000 mails and since I have had around 80.000 on some mail
> > exploder I thought it would not be such an issue.

i hope this isn't spam, but solicited email. is there any licensing
requirement for exim similar to the one for recent versions of pegasus
that prohibit use for unsolicited bulk email?

> > Finally it was decided that
> > exim is unsuitable for such a purpose. Qmail is lurking on the horizon...

> I do not believe that any one mailer can suit everybody. There are
> several to choose from. I have no problem with people deciding that some
> other product suits their purpose better than Exim. Heck, I'm not trying
> to sell it to make money... :-)

of course, anyone contemplating qmail for mass mailing purposes should
be aware that while it may be a good performer on the machine sending
the outgoing mail, that it tends to be more than a little abusive
on machines that have multiple recipients for a message.

cheers,
richard