Re: recipients_max changed between 1.61 and 1.62?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Lyle Scully
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: recipients_max changed between 1.61 and 1.62?
>maximum, and then gives a 421 error for the remaining ones. As that is a
>temporary error, the remote machine is liable to try again later for the

So that means if a message came in and had 500 recipients, and I had the
max set to 100, it would deliver 100 messages and deffer the remaining 400?
Then later on does it attempt to send the next 100, and the next, etc,
until it clears it?

>I didn't really think of using recipients_max as an anti-spam device,

I realize this probably isn't the best method. But if I could think of a
better way then I would be happy to entertain it. Problem is I just had a
client (no longer a client) that decided to send out very big messages with
upwards of 5K recipients per message. I am looking for a method that would
kill that type of message before my system sends it out. There are all
these filters to help with mail when it comes in, but what about the ISP's
that want to try to be responsible and kill it before it leaves our
networks? On this last spam round I received 400+ complaints. If I can't
prevent this from happening on my own network, how can I reasonably expect
someone else to do it.

>Philip

Lyle

--