Re: Suspend delivery to specified hosts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: m.hampson
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Suspend delivery to specified hosts
>Holding mail to certain *machines* is a slightly different kettle of
>fish, since a machine could be in the MX list of many different domains.
>"Holding" is also probably the wrong word, because if a domain has MX
>records for machines A and B and the second one is "held", you
>presumably do want to send the mail to A. I guess a better word would be
>"avoiding" or "ignoring". I have not implemented anything of that kind
>yet. Is this what you need, or is holding mail for a domain good enough?

In our case this would be okay as delivery to on site mail servers is done
by A record.

However I guess the general case is that a particluar machine ( from a
range selected by an MX record) should not be delivered to, while the others
may be up and running happily.

Martyn
   | Martyn Hampson          |    Tel:    0171 594 6973                 |
   | Imperial College        |    Fax:    0171 594 6958                 |
   | Computer Centre         |    E-Mail: M.Hampson@???            |
   | London SW7 2BP, ENGLAND |    "Don't just do something, sit there!" |