Looking for some advice

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bob Green
A: exim-users
Asunto: Looking for some advice
Folks,

I'm new to exim and am busy implementing it in a mixed environment with a
couple of legacy mailing systems to gateway into. We also have a Corporate
mailsystem (HP's OpenMail) sitting alongside us. I've built a config (it was
surprisingly easy) that can do the majority of name munging when sending mail
into or reciving from one of these legacy systems. I have set up exim so that
when mail leaves my site and passes into the OpenMail world, it translates our
local unix based mail address eg. bob@??? into the OpenMail
equivalent: bob.green/uk_bristo_ch@??? so that our fellows in Corporate-Land
don't actually realise that we're not using OpenMail. My problem is that if I
generate an email with two recipients, one local and one in the OpenMail world,
I want addresses in the header to be rewritten based on the destination
address.

I haven't found a way of getting exim to do this, other than forwarding all
OpenMail messages to another dedicated machine running exim whose only job is
to rewrite addresses into OpenMail format. This seems like an unnecessary extra
hop to me. Does anyone have any better ideas as to how I could do this?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the wordy message.

-Bob

PS. I've never managed to get sendmail to do this either. Exim is definitely
the way forward :-)