Re: Suspend delivery to specified hosts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: m.hampson
Cc: exim-users
Temas nuevos: remote_max_parallel results in segfaults
Asunto: Re: Suspend delivery to specified hosts
On Thu, 1 May 1997 m.hampson@??? wrote:

> Is there a way to tell exim to suspend all mail to certain machines.
> Hopefully without editing the config file (eg from another file) and without
> freezing the messages (don't what to confuse real errors with suspended
> servers or risk a run on a frozen message).

I have just implemented (in the development version of Exim) a function
for holding mail to certain *domains*. This requires a change to the
config file, unless you have an entry in the config that causes it to
look at a separate file (which of course costs a bit more, as it has to
keep reading the separate file). It does not freeze messages; it just
defers delivery attempts for the given domains, with an appropriate
message.

Holding mail to certain *machines* is a slightly different kettle of
fish, since a machine could be in the MX list of many different domains.
"Holding" is also probably the wrong word, because if a domain has MX
records for machines A and B and the second one is "held", you
presumably do want to send the mail to A. I guess a better word would be
"avoiding" or "ignoring". I have not implemented anything of that kind
yet. Is this what you need, or is holding mail for a domain good enough?