Re: Queue DB Problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: William Craven
Cc: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Asunto: Re: Queue DB Problem

William.Craven@??? said:
} Could it be that Berkeley DB cannot handle DBs of a certain size or
} more ? The reason I ask is that I have implemented a daily trimdb run
} to trim the DBs that have entries more than 7 days old. At the time
} of the problem Exim was running for over 10 days and the DBs were not
} being trimmed and the wait-smtp DB was very large (cannot recall the
} size).

The maximum size db that can be handled by Berkeley db is pretty huge - of
the order of 2**32. There was a bug found a little while back which hit
huge records - of the order of several kilobytes. I can't see exim
tickling either of these limits (and all the other db libraries have
similar (or smaller) limits.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]