Re: Interesting Rewriting Desires

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dr. Rich Artym
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Interesting Rewriting Desires
On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Dr. Rich Artym wrote:

> If you do implement the rewrite as an external filter program, Phil,
> could you please allow the innards of Exim to communicate state info
> to the program?

Yes. I have your suggestion of general variables in mind in any case,
independent of this. If they were implemented, then they could be passed
as arguments to the external filter program

> Needless to say, such a general facility would be of use in a million
> other places where string arguments are expanded as well. It would be
> a real "power feature", defined as one applicable in areas the designer
> never envisaged.

Indeed. I have found over the years that power features are a good way
of getting the users off the implementor's back... :-)

I'm working my way through (some of) the Exim list, but am not planning
to release anything for a few months. Watch this space.

Philip