Re: Help with a spam prevention idea

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Thompson
A: news-post
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Help with a spam prevention idea
Brian Blackmore wanted
>                to use an address that is only valid for a certain time after
> the posting has been made. I would like to implement this so that any mail
> addressed to

> bnb@???
>
> would be passed to bnb@??? until Thursday evening after which
> point all mail to that address would be rejected.

Surely it would be easier to put the variable in the local-part, for example

bnb-x859840695x@???

Otherwise you will have to control what gets into the DNS. [No doubt a BIND
guru could cause x859840695x.filter.looking-glass.org to be a CNAME pointing
to looking-glass.org which automagically expires at the right time, but that's
something that would have to be discussed on a different mailing list. :-)]

> Is this implementable without writing another director??

If the expiry key is in the local-part, it could certainly be done without
a new director *type*, if that is what you mean. You would have a smartuser
director for domain filter.looking-glass.org that did the expiry check in
a pipe transport.

Alternatively, if user-defined suffixes are allowed in the domain, in the
style of chapter 38 of spec.txt, then this sort of check could be done on
a per-user basis in their Exim filter files.

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.