Multiple DBM implementations [was: How to add new key lookup…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Thompson
A: exim-users
Asunto: Multiple DBM implementations [was: How to add new key lookup type?]
A few weeks ago, Chris Harris was asking how one would go about adding
one's own search types to Exim. I have some sympathy for the implied
agenda: that one should be able to write packaged code for a new search
type in the same sort of way as one can currently for routers, directors,
and transports. Of course, that's because I'm not the person who would
have to pull src/search.c apart and rewrite it...

I would like, in particular, to be able to use more than one DBM
implementation in the same Exim binary. Compare [perhaps] the multiple
DBM type support in Perl5. Specifically, one may find one needs to support
Solaris 2 ndbm as shipped by Sun, because end users already have filter
file apparatus (e.g. vacation "once" files) in that format, but also
Berkeley db files for system purposes because they are so much easier
to indivisibly replace [none of that .dir/.pag pain].

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.