Re: Ignoring bad addresses instead of aborting

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: m.hampson
A: Pete Ashdown
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Ignoring bad addresses instead of aborting
> Is there any way to get exim to error to the sender rather than abort
> completely upon encountering a bad address?
>
> We have several hundered mailing lists here that I'm attempting to convert
> over to exim. This has meant me going in and cleaning out bad addresses
> that the list managers did not realize were bad. Because of the abort
> nature of exim, their list stops working when they add a bad address to it
> (something like "bozo@bozoplace@???" or "My Name").
>
> No matter how much I tell them to clean their list it still happens. It is
> the old sysadmin problem of how much can you expect your users to do? As
> little as possible.

I also requested this feature - I rather assumed it was important enough to
make it into the 1.6x release. Is that not the case??

Martyn
   | Martyn Hampson          |    Tel:    0171 594 6973                 |
   | Imperial College        |    Fax:    0171 594 6958                 |
   | Computer Centre         |    E-Mail: M.Hampson@???            |
   | London SW7 2BP, ENGLAND |    "Don't just do something, sit there!" |