Re: Ignoring bad addresses instead of aborting

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Pete Ashdown
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Ignoring bad addresses instead of aborting
On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Pete Ashdown wrote:

> Is there any way to get exim to error to the sender rather than abort
> completely upon encountering a bad address?

Yes. From 1.60 onwards the aliasfile and forwardfile directors have an
option called skip_syntax_errors, which causes them to skip addresses
that contain syntax errors and otherwise carry on. It is designed
precisely for the situation you describe:

> We have several hundered mailing lists here that I'm attempting to convert
> over to exim. This has meant me going in and cleaning out bad addresses
> that the list managers did not realize were bad. Because of the abort
> nature of exim, their list stops working when they add a bad address to it
> (something like "bozo@bozoplace@???" or "My Name").

An entry is written to the main log. I could add an option to send a
message to somebody You wouldn't want a message sent to the sender, but
there is the existing errors_to option for specifying a list owner, so I
suppose it could use that. Would an option to send a message be helpful?