Re: Handling Mailing List Bounces

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Michelle Dick
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Handling Mailing List Bounces
You wrote:
> > Generation of the envelope-from
> > lines that encode the envelope-to address is done by qlist,
>
> Wrong.
>
> Per-recipient VERPs are handled by the MTA. To use VERPs, simply set
> your sender address to user@host-@[]; then recipient ruser@rhost will
> see a sender address of userruser=rhost@host.

Thanks for the clarification. In any case, the envelope-from hack can
be done in a mailing list manager if desired. I was going to add the
feature to SmartList until I realized I didn't have the financial
resources to purchase the bandwidth required to support it (over
$100/mo in my case). It is a very nice feature for those who are
wealthy or have nice university perks of large bandwidth (or can get
it donated). I'd use it if I won the lottery. :-)

--
Michelle Dick             artemis@???              East Palo Alto, CA