Re: Handling Mailing List Bounces

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Michelle Dick
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Handling Mailing List Bounces
Piete wrote:

> If you are considering *EASE OF USE* of an *MTA* for mailing lists,
> then qmail is indeed a contender.

> The above sound like the kind of things one would expect of a mailing list
> package (e.g. majordomo) rather than an MTA.

Ah, but all qmail, as an MTA, does is forward mail to user-foo to
user. Both sendmail and exim can do this. This is the whole extent
of qmail's "ease of use" as an *MTA*. Generation of the envelope-from
lines that encode the envelope-to address is done by qlist, a mailing
list package.

> Don't compare chalk with cheese !

I wasn't, I was comparing qlist (a mailing list package) with others.
qlist has one nice feature (not currently offered out of the box by
other MLMs, although there are add-on scripts to do so and LISTSERV
has a probe that sort of does this). qlist still lacks many others
that smartlist has (I checked -- it doesn't do all the things I
listed). Thus, qlist+qmail have the advantage of providing one very
nice feature out-of-the-box. But, the MTA end of this is a simple
configuration option in both sendmail and exim, and wrt the MLM, qlist
is a lightweight.

--
Michelle Dick             artemis@???              East Palo Alto, CA