Re: Restricting addresses a user can send mail to

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alex Sharaz
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Restricting addresses a user can send mail to

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997 09:19:37 +0000 (GMT) Philip Hazel <ph10@???>
wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Alex Sharaz wrote:
>
> > I have a requirement to be able to reject messages going to specific addresses
> > or domain.
>
> Set up a router and/or director to recognize the addresses you want to
> reject. Get it/them to pass the message to a pipe transport. Set up the pipe
> to generate a suitable error message and set "return_output" on it.
> Voila.
>
> OR
>
> Set except_domains and except_local_parts (as appropriate) on all your
> directors and routers. Then the addresses you don't like will be failed
> with "unknown local part" or "unknown mail domain". Can't remember if
> these options were in 0.56 or not.

I couldn't find them in the manual, so I assume they aren't. Anyway thanks for
the info. I'll start using the above when I move to 1.60 (might even use the
1st option now )

alex
> --
> Philip Hazel                   University Computing Service,
> ph10@???             New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
> P.Hazel@???          England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714

Rfc822:A.Sharaz@???
X.400:I=A;S=Sharaz:ou=Computer Centre;O=Hull;Prmd=UK.AC;C=GB
X.500:cn=Alexander Sharaz@ou=Computer Centre@o=University of Hull@c=GB
Sent using Simeon 4.1 over Win-OS2