Exim & ProcMail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: William Craven
A: exim-users
Asunto: Exim & ProcMail
In testing the Exim configuration on our main MailServer prior to the
full installation of Exim on this system I have stumbled on a problem in
which Exim handles a pipe to ProcMail.

We have an alias in our main Aliases file which pipes all postmaster
mail through Procmail - this is so that it filters postmaster mail to
the appropriate persons. The entry is as follows

postmaster: "|IFS=' ' && exec /local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75"

Exim balks with a message returned to sender

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients.
The following address(es) failed:

  postmast@???:
    generated |IFS=' ' && exec /local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75
    "IFS='" command not found for pipe transport

The appropriate Pipe Transport entry in the configuration file is

# pipe:
#       transport definition to handle pipe addresses generated by alias
#       and forward directors (set by the main configuration variable
#       address_pipe_transport)

pipe:
    driver = pipe;
    ignore_status,
    return_output,
    no_return_path_add

Once Exim is fully installed on the system - I plan to convert ProcMail
to Exim Filters but for now I need to get the above to work. The
simplest is to change the alias entry to "|/local/bin/procmail -f-"
but it seems to me that "IFS=' '" is crucial.

Any thoughts on how I can get round the problem albiet temporarily.

W.
--
William Craven                Email:  William.Craven@???
University Computing Services        Tel:    +1-604-822-8955